Sunday, June 8, 2014

Slow

I am learning
   to be
       slow

its weird.

I am learning to

    eat slow
          (can't chow through all this carne)

    speak slow
          in Spanish (can't conjugate my verbs fast enough)
           in English (uthawys ppl cnt indirstend my kiwi eksent)

    move slow
           (lest I leave my hosts behind)

Its not a bad thing
its just different

All I've known is fast and faster
But here I see an alternative pace to life
            in which things are still accomplished
            and the world doesn't grind to a halt

How odd
How healthy

S l o w
















                Carne

2 comments:

  1. For real? Esther Fan slow? This can't be. You must be sick, visit a HUMAN doctor post haste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I find "being slow" hard also, but have learned to enjoy every day as it goes.

    This is beautifully written =)

    ReplyDelete