Wednesday, May 14, 2014

One month to go

25/3/14 – journal entry

One month to go. And so many things to be done in it (or… in life in general…if you are a Fan). As I run around (or..sit and journal right now…) organising flights, emailing across the oceans, buying insurance and earplugs, I think, ‘how do I do this in light of who God is? In light of what Christ has done? How do I travel as a Christian? How do I make travel prep as a Christian? (in fact, how should one do anything as a Christian  - work, play, eat, sleep…?)

Do I do it with much prayer? I pray for the mission work – but what about the rest? Do I plan with the disclaimer that in the end the Lord determines my steps? Do I drool over Google maps in awe of the vast Creator? Do I ask for wisdom in making credit card purchases? Do I thank Him every moment for the opportunity, the intellect, the heart to travel? Do I marvel that, through the cross, every corner of life is now brought under his love and lordship?


Yes so much to be done,  but also much to be thought through and thankful for  - let’s not forget this now. 

1 comment:

  1. Esther I love this train of thought..."how should one do anything as a Christian?" The potential answers to that question change the way we do anything in life. I guess it points towards life's true purposes, to seek god and obey him. Thanks heaps for this blog! I just had a look for the first time since you left, because I was wondering how you are getting on :) Hope your travels are going well, stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete