Monday, January 18, 2010

To travel

I came to Massey to study. And I like to think I have not only studied well, but learnt and lived out what it means to study for His glory. To integrate my faith into my studies, ministry aside. A Christian student, rather than a student who –by the way - happens to be a Christian. Next year, provided the great depression II hasn’t set in, I will enter the work force. I want to work for His glory. Serve Him with the veterinary skills and ability he has gifted me with. I want to integrate the gospel into my work, approach it from a worldview different to that of my colleagues. But in between graduating and working, I want to slip something else in. I want to travel. Whilst studying and working is a given, travel isn’t. Should Christians travel? Is it important? What eternal significance does it have? I’ve struggled with whether to go or not, where and why. So why travel? I think travel can be seen as ‘ungodly’ (no one would ever say that, but if they could, I'm sure they would) because Christians have never stopped to think about it deeply – how it relates to what Christ has done, where it fits with into our worldview and how it can be something more than just ‘a holiday’. So this is I want to do. I’m convinced that Christ died to reconcile every aspect of life to God. I want to explore what it means to travel for His glory, because I think it’s possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment